Amarillo Civic Center:
- Closed to the general public including the box office
- Ticketing information, including future events and programs, is available at panhandletickets.com.
Amarillo Parks & Recreation Department:
- Golf courses: Open to the public. Social distancing practices are required and the facility is being cleaned and sanitized per CDC recommendations for high use areas. The deli is open for carry out only.
- Amarillo Zoo: Open to the public with the exception of the Education Building and Herpetarium. Social distancing practices are required and the facility is being cleaned and sanitized per CDC recommendations for high use areas.
- Tennis Center: Open to the public. Social distancing practices are required and the facility is being cleaned and sanitized per CDC recommendations for high use areas.
- Open to the public. Social distancing practices are required and the facility is being cleaned and sanitized per CDC recommendations for high use areas.
- All offices have transitioned to phone service or online service. Please see the attached information sheet for department contact information.
- HUD Assistance: Community Development will continue to support clients needing or receiving HUD assistance. For clients that need to meet with Community Development staff in person, please check in via telephone or at the front counter at the Community Development offices in the Simms Municipal Building. You will be asked to wait in your vehicle until staff is available to meet with you to address your needs.
- HUD Housing Inspections: HUD has authorized delay of all annual inspections and reviews for clients receiving HUD assistance. New inspections will continue as normal.
- Coming Home: The Coming Home team will continue to conduct home visits with clients as scheduled.
- For any questions, please contact us at (806) 378-3098.
- The City of Amarillo Municipal Court, located at 201 SE 4th Ave, will be closed to the public for in-person services.
- All trials, hearings and jury duty are rescheduled for a later date. Persons with scheduled trials, hearings or jury duty appearances will be notified by mail with a new date and time.
- Options allowed online are: https://www.municipalonlinepayments.com/amarillotx
- Pay your citation in full
- Make a partial payment on a payment plan
- Apply for Deferred Disposition
- Apply for Driving Safety Course (DSC)
- For all other options you can email the court at [email protected] or call (806) 378-3082.
- All public trainings will be canceled until further notice.
Fire Marshall’s Office
- The Amarillo Fire Marshal’s Office is limiting fire safety inspections to construction related inspections only. You may contact our office to request an inspection by calling (806) 378-9092.
- If you have any questions or concerns about a fire hazard, please contact our office at (806) 378-4238 or [email protected]
- All Amarillo Public Library locations will be closed to the public beginning Sunday, March 22.
- Checkout times will be extended. Any materials currently checked out will now be due on April 30.
- Subsequent checkouts will be for six weeks until the library resumes normal operations.
- To continue to make our collection available to the public we will be offering curbside service to allow patrons to checkout materials.
To take advantage of this service, use the website to place materials on hold, or call any library location between 9 AM and 6 PM, Monday through Saturday to request books, movies, or audiobooks. Your checkout will be ready within two hours and we will be happy bring those materials to your car. You will be required to show a photo ID to receive the materials. Curbside service will end each day at 5 P.M.
- Amarillo Public Library will ease checkout restrictions on patrons with fines above $5.
- English as a Second Language Classes are concluded until a new term begins.
- Donations to the Friends of the Amarillo Public Library Book Sale are suspended until further notice.
- Although the lobby will be closed until further notice, we will maintain our current operating hours for copy of reports, background checks, phone reports, and open records requests.
- All requests for copies of reports or background checks will be handled by phone or email only. To obtain copies call 806-378-9452, Monday – Friday 7:00 am to 10:00 pm and Saturday – Sunday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, or 806-378-6169 Monday – Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
- To obtain a copy of an accident report visit https://cris.dot.state.tx.us/public/Purchase/app/home
- To file an online report visit https://www.amarillo.gov/departments/public-safety-and-organizational-services/police and click Online Reporting
- To make a report over the phone with a report taker call dispatch at (806) 378-3038
- To file an open records request visit https://www.amarillo.gov/departments/public-safety-and-organizational-services/police and follow the instructions given for Public Information Requests
- Solicitor permits will not be issued during this public access closure.
- Immunization and STD clinics are closed until further notice.
- All services have transitioned to phone service or online service.
- There will be NO SERVICE INTERRUPTIONS at landfills, nor with solid waste collection, environmental lab testing for water systems, etc.
- For any questions, please contact (806) 378-9334. You may also find contact information online at www.amarillo.gov.
- Amarillo City Transit (ACT) will begin operating on a Saturday schedule. This schedule is available on the website. Frequency on routes will vary between 45 minutes and 90 minutes.
- Spec Trans service will continue to operate as present.
- The Downtown Transfer Terminal has been closed to the public. This has been done since the space frequently hosts more than 10 people.
- ACT will continue to monitor ridership patterns and may consider an On Call service similar to ACT Route 13.
- ACT is open for pass sales but people are encouraged to send in checks for tickets rather than visiting the Transit Office.
- Offices are closed, but staff is ready to assist.
- NEW SERVICE/CHANGES TO EXISTING SERVICE
Contact the Utility Billing Department at (806) 378-3030 or [email protected]
The automated system is available to you at (806) 576-1932. The automated system will accept debit/credit cards (Mastercard and Visa) and checking accounts.
Online services are also available through Customer Self Service Portal at billing.amarillo.gov
Contact directly at (806) 378-3030 for live assistance.
There’s also a payment drop box to the right of the entrance to City Hall and these payments will be monitored throughout the day.